1. What are your vaccination requirements?
Your dog must have up-to-date vaccinations. Proof of vaccination is required upon check-in so please ensure that you bring your dog’s Pet Passport with you on your first visit.
2. Can I check up on my dog or cat during the day?
Yes. You check on your fur-baby on our Facebook page or you can ask us to email or call you during the day to update you on your dog activities and experience.
3. What happens if my dog or cat becomes sick or injured?
While all care is taken to ensure dogs are safe and healthy during their stay with us, we are also well-prepared for unexpected accidents or illness. We have our Vet on call and our staff are trained to administer pet first aid when required. If an incident occurs we will contact you and, if necessary, will take your dog to our veterinary practice.
4. Can we see the facility before booking our dog or cat in?
Absolutely. We welcome anyone who feels it is necessary to come and see where their dog(s) will be staying while they are away and meet the staff that are going to be caring for them. We do require an appointment to be made. Please call in advance and ask about appointment times.
5. Can I bring my own dog or cat food?
Yes, you are more than welcome to. However, we do offer a range of 24+ brands of food. If you would like for us to use our food, call in advance and ask what ranges we have.
6. Can you give my dog or cat their medicine?
Yes. Our experienced senior staff are trained to medicate animals in our care. This includes insulin injections.
7. Will my Dog get enough exercise in your facility?
We find that because the dogs are actively playing with their friends all day they get plenty of exercise - a lot more than they normally get at home!
8. When are check-in and check-out times?
Our Doggie Daycare and Hotel and Cattery both run from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, 7 days a week.